Sunday, April 10, 2011

9th Day Adventures

This morning we woke up bright and early and boarded a tour bus to the city of Chivay. It took over 4 hours. On the way, we stopped at a few handmade textiles markets and I bought a few gifts. I ALSO GOT TO FEED A BABY ALPACA FROM A BOTTLE! Alpacas are the cutest things ever and I really want one mom and dad :) it was so sad though today because the bus ran over a dog. It didn't die but I think it broke a leg. I started to feel sick on the bus on our way up so I had to suck on coca leaves which are the grossest things on the planet. You stack 6 together then fold it and put it in your mouth like dip. Disgusting. When we arrived in Chivay, I still wasn't feeling good so guess what Juan gave me...coca again but this time in tea form which was also gross.
We had a small lunch then had a siesta. The bus came back and picked us up to go to the hot springs. They felt soooooo nice but there were tons of people there. We then went to dinner where they had a Peruvian flute band playing and people doing traditional dances in traditional outfits. It was really awesome, and since I had a light lunch I decided to gorge myself on cream of vegetable soup and spaghetti. Worst decision of my life. Around 8:30 I started puking and it didn't stop til 1 in the morning. My body apparently hates being at 15,000 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment